We offer multiple opportunities for residents to develop their teaching skills.
Under the supervision of pharmacists trained in preceptorship, residents mentor and evaluate at least one doctoral-level pharmacy candidate in a managed care pharmacy elective clerkship from one of our affiliated colleges of pharmacy. Our preceptors provide guidance as you help students build critical thinking skills and professionalism in the managed care setting. Our team’s guidance also enables you to fine-tune other essential skills:
- Facilitating patient case discussions
- Managing conflict
- Coordinating project management skills
- Leading managed care topic discussions
- Providing effective verbal & written feedback
- Fostering teaching and professional development skills
- Improving practice management skills
Advanced Teaching Seminar
Residents participate in the Resident Teaching Seminar coordinated by local leaders in the field. Attended by residents belonging to several postgraduate residency and fellowship programs in the area, this monthly seminar is designed “to introduce pharmacy residents to the elements of effective teaching and to offer them a forum in which to discuss contemporary issues in pharmacy education.” Upon completion, each resident is awarded a teaching certificate.