A group of pharmacy experts from ForHealth Consulting at UMass Chan Medical School participated in the Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP) NEXUS 2023 Conference in Orlando from Oct. 16-19. These experts shared their research and clinical expertise in podium presentations and sessions.
AMCP committee participants from ForHealth Consulting included:
Thomas C. Pomfret, PharmD, MPH, BCPS, managed care pharmacy residency program director and clinical consultant pharmacist team lead, who serves on the Professional Practice Committee, Kimberly Lenz, PharmD, MBA, FAMCP, chief pharmacy officer for MassHealth in the Office of Clinical Affairs (part of ForHealth Consulting), who serves on the Educational Affairs Committee, and Mahsa Salsabili, PharmD, PhD, pharmacoeconomics specialist at ForHealth Consulting, who serves on the Public Policy Committee.
NEXUS 2023 attracted more than 3,000 managed care professionals with educational sessions on various topics impacting managed care pharmacy today that will shape the future of the industry tomorrow.
ForHealth sessions included:
- Keynote Podium Presentation: “Oncology Pipeline: Shaping 2023 and Beyond”
- Kaelyn Boss, PharmD, clinical consultant pharmacist
- Boss was also a presenter at the managed care pharmacy residency and fellowship showcase.
- Podium Presentation: “Evaluating Coverage for Digital Therapeutics: A Case Study and Lessons Learned”
- Kimberly Lenz, Chief Pharmacy Officer, MassHealth and ForHealth Consulting at UMass Chan Medical School
- Neha Kashalikar, PharmD, manager of strategic pharmacy contacting, MassHealth and ForHealth Consulting at UMass Chan Medical School
- Mahsa Salsabili, pharmacoeconomics specialist at ForHealth Consulting at UMass Chan Medical School
- Thomas C. Pomfret, PharmD, MPH, BCPS, managed care pharmacy residency program director and clinical consultant pharmacist team lead
- Co-presenter for the Residency Program Directors Town Hall (with ASHP Lead Surveyor, Jim Carlson, PharmD)
- Session moderator for educational session
- Managed Care Residency & Fellowship Showcase Presenter
In the News:
Some of our experts’ AMCP Nexus presentations were featured in the news media:
- Managed Healthcare Executive: “The Oncology Pipeline Is Delivering Exciting New Treatments — and Sticker Shock | AMCP Nexus 2023”
- Drug Topics: “Oncology Drug Pipeline to Rollout New Treatments, but Not Without Hefty Price Tag”
From left to right: Kim Lenz, Office of Clinical Affairs; Neha Kashalikar, Office of Clinical Affairs; and Mahsa Salsabili, Clinical Pharmacy Services
Kaelyn Boss, Clinical Pharmacy Services, giving keynote presentation
Kaelyn Boss, Clinical Pharmacy Services, at the Residency Showcase
Tom Pomfret, Clinical Pharmacy Services, moderating a session